Walgreens will again be offering flu shots to the US Departments of Veterans Affairs (VA) patients. As a summary:
• National Partnership between the Department of Veterans Affairs and Walgreens to vaccinate VA patients
• VA patient can walk into most Walgreens pharmacies and present the voucher or present with their VA ID card and get a no cost flu shot, quantities are limited
• VA patient’s clinical record is electronically updated by Walgreens – no paperwork to take to the VA
The vaccination covered under the voucher is Quadrivalent for this year and noted on the voucher.
How it works:
• Patient may print and bring completed Voucher (see attached 2018 voucher) to Walgreens, along with his/her VA identification card
• Patient provides his/her Social Security Number
• Walgreens administers flu shot and system updates patient’s VA clinical record
Download the voucher below and print it, however if a Veteran presents without a voucher, but has VA ID and other form of ID, Walgreens should have a code on-hand to administer flu shot.
Walgreens is also now in the Tricare network and can provide flu shots under that benefit.